Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Banks House {Hernando, MS}

On a recent, gorgeous Saturday afternoon in April, nearly 20 members of the Desoto Camera Club met at the Banks House in Hernando for a tour of the 102 year old mansion. At the request of Vicky Neyman, the Executive Director for the Desoto Arts Council in Hernando, we all gathered together to photograph the current state of the home before the scheduled renovations begin. The DAC is planning to move into the 10,000 square foot building over the summer. This will be such an improvement over their current, cramped space. There is an article about the planned move in the Commercial Appeal, you can read that article here.


It is a beautiful old place and as someone who loves(!) historical old homes, I was very excited to be a part of the documentation with the Camera Club. Thanks so much for inviting us, Vicky. I can't wait to visit again after the move.

*Note: These images are © Sherry Ross Photography 2011. They may not be downloaded, copied or used without permission.*


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Various wallpaper throughout the home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The porch floor is not discolored, I shot this through the screen door and the screen had some rips in it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I realized after I arrived that my super wide angle lens was not in my bag, so sadly, I wasn't able to get full room views. I'm sure others in the group did, though. I believe I saw one person doing panoramas. All of my images were shot with natural light from the numerous, large windows.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP